Campus Improvement Committees Purpose
Campus Improvement Committees work together to improve student achievement, maintain effective student management, and increase parental involvement through the inclusion of all campus faculty and staff in the campus decision making process.
We accomplish this goal at Grantham Academy by requiring that all departments assign a representative for each committee to ensure that all departments have active voices in all campus decisions.
Parental Involvement Committee
- Objective:The Campus Parental Involvement Committee will increase parental involvement on campus and increase membership of the Grantham P.T.O.
- Goal:The purpose of the Campus Parental Involvement Committee is to work with all campus improvement committees to create a campus environment that solicits and welcomes parental input in the educational process by reviewing parental involvement surveys and questionnaires, offering parenting sessions, and actively supporting membership in the Grantham P.T.O and V.I.S.A volunteers program.
- Objective:The Campus Magnet Committee will promote the infusion of the four Grantham Academy magnet strands throughout the entire campus curriculum.
- Goal:The purpose of the Campus Magnet Committee is to work with all campus improvement committees to improve and sustain Grantham’s competitiveness through the review, development and implementation of a campus curriculum which fosters critical thinking, innovation, and problem solving.
Grant Writing Committee
- Objective:The Campus Grant Writing Committee will research various Grant opportunities that will supplement campus initiatives and programs.
- Goal:The purpose of the Campus Grant Writing Committee is to work with all campus improvement committees to utilize the Campus Action Plan and Departmental Action Plans as guides in order to ensure that all grants researched and submitted support the campus vision and mission.
- Objective:The Campus Discipline Committee will review, plan, and implement the campus discipline management plan in order to maintain effective student management.
- Goal:The purpose of the Campus Discipline Committee is to work with all campus improvement committees to ensure a safe and welcoming learning environment for the Grantham Learning Community by reviewing campus discipline data, campus survey results, and identifying trends.
- Objective:The Campus Technology Committee will improve technology efficiency of campus students, parents, and faculty and staff.
- Goal:The purpose of the Campus Technology Committee is to work with all campus improvement committees to research, develop, and implement programs focused upon improving campus technology and instruction integration, provide staff development to improve faculty and staff use of technology, and promote opportunities for parents and students to utilize technology to improve academic achievement.
- Objective:The Campus Social-Climate Committee will foster a campus climate that reinforces social development, improvement and skills while promoting a campus culture that is conducive to learning, creativity, and productivity.
- Goal:The purpose of the CSC Committee is to work with all campus improvement committees to foster a warm and inviting environment for all stakeholders through the development, implementation, and sponsorship of campus wide initiatives and social programs, which recognize, reward and support hard work, citizenship, problem solving, responsibility, and productivity. Programs include, but are not limited to, student functions, faculty functions, social skills programs, and stakeholder mentoring opportunities. The CSC Committee will review campus survey and community questionnaires in order to measure campus morale.
Energy Committee "Watt Watchers"
- Objective:The Campus "WATT Watchers" will improve campus energy use and efficiency.
- Goal:The purpose of the Campus WATT Watchers is to work with all campus improvement committees to research, review, and implement an Energy Conservation program aimed at decreasing campus energy use and fostering energy awareness among the Grantham Learning Community.